|This article is a stub, you can help Fatal Frame Wiki by expanding it.|
Abyss of the Horizon is a location and also the final room in Fatal Frame III: The Tormented. It is a large cave with small rivers on either side of the room. It is entered through the Last Passage at the bottom of the Abyss. The Chamber of Thorns lies directly across from the entrance. It is here that Rei Kurosawa faces Reika Kuze in the last battle of the game.
Also Known As[edit | edit source]
- Last Shore
- Last Passage
Ghosts Encountered[edit | edit source]
- Reika Kuze - Final boss; briefly seen entering the Chamber of Thorns the first time Rei enters the room
- Secret Ghost #30 [Impaled Priestess] - When entering the room as Kei in Hour XII, enter Viewfinder Mode and move towards the entrance to the Chamber of Thorns while aiming at the doors. (Second playthrough only)
- Secret Ghost #31 [Flowing Souls] - Also during Hour XII as Kei, run to the northeast side of the room and enter viewfinder mode. Aim the camera at the small cave the river runs into. (Second playthrough only)
Notable Events[edit | edit source]
- Kaname Kuze passes through this room in hopes of entering the Chamber of Thorns and finding Reika.
- Kei Amakura also passes through this room on his way to impale the Tattooed Priestess with the Tattooed Stakes.
- Rei Kurosawa has her final battle with Reika Kuze here.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Miku Hinasaki is the only one of the three playable protagonists of Fatal Frame III to not enter this room.
- On the map it is listed as "Abyss of the Horizon", but on the Ghost List any ghosts found here list the location as "Last Shore".