|This article is a stub, you can help Fatal Frame Wiki by expanding it.|
|Japanese name||柏木 秋人|
|Romaji name||Kashiwagi Akito|
|Family||Kyouka Kuze (Sweetheart)|
|Appearances||Fatal Frame III: The Tormented|
|Voice actor (Jp)|
|Voice actor (Eng)|
Akito Kashiwagi (柏木 明人 Kashiwagi Akito) is a folklorist and a scholar in Fatal Frame III: The Tormented.
Akito was studying about ancient legends and folk-songs, he grew interested in the spreading lullaby of the Handmaidens in the Mutsu Region (Northeastern Japan). Akito traveled to that area in hopes of conducting further research.
He was invited to stay in the Kuze Shrine during the snowy months, men were invited for the purpose of producing female heirs. In this shrine, he heard the lullaby in its original form. During his stay, he and Kyouka Kuze shared mutual love. She was arranging her hair day by day in various way after he praised it and took a photo of her with his camera. When Kyouka learned of his interest in rituals and folk-songs of this region, she played music for him including the Handmaiden's song.
As the snow melted, Akito had to leave Kyouka. However, before he left he promised to come again and he offered her the Echo Stone Earrings so they could hear each others voices.
Yashuu Kuze knew of the love the two shared and the knowledge Akito gained about the rituals so she murdered him and Kyouka never knew.
- The name Akito means "bright" (明) (aki) and "" (人) (to).
- Akito's surname Kashiwagi means "Daimyo oak" (柏) (kashiwa) and "tree, wood" (木) (ki/gi).
- Akito bears a striking resemblance to Kei Amakura, even though there is no evidence that either are related.
- While Amane Kuze does refer to Akito as 'father' in one of her diary entries, Akito is not her biological father.
- Akito's camera, found by Kei Amakura in the game, was a Camera Obscura, but how he came into possession of it is unknown.
- Akito was active as a folklorist from the late Edo era until the Meiji period, the same era during which Dr. Kunihiko Asou was active.