The Taboo Tome, known in Japanese as Gishiki no Sho: Kinki (Ritual book: Taboo), is an old book collected in Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly and Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson Butterfly. The Taboo Tome is one of five old books found in the Kurosawa House. It describes the taboos surrounding the Hellish Abyss, and why speaking, hearing and looking into the abyss is forbidden.
The books are used to complete the Tome Puzzle and obtain the Light Key. The word that is highlighted in the Taboo Tome is "Hellish Abyss," here represented by a ✱ ( × in Japanese versions).
Fatal Frame IIEdit
- "The gate to hell is called the ✱.
- Gaze not upon the ✱.
- Eyes that glimpse the ✱ will be blinded by the ✱.
- Speak not of the ✱.
- The mouth which utters ✱ will be made speechless by the ✱.
- Listen not to the ✱.
- Those who heed the ✱ are turned heartless by the ✱."
Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson ButterflyEdit
- "The ✱ is a gate that leads directly to hell.
- The ✱ must not be looked into, for it will turn one's eyes to ✱✱ and kill the light within them.
- The ✱ must not be spoken of, for it will turn one's mouth to ✱✱ and kill the voice that's inside it.
- The ✱ must not be listened to, for it will turn one's ears to ✱✱ and destroy one's very soul."