|Japanese name||平坂 知恵 (ともえ)|
|Romaji name||Hirasaka Tomoe|
|Cause of death||Rope Curse|
|Encountered in||Fish Tank Room and Courtyard|
|Voice actor (Jp)||Unknown|
|Voice actor (Eng)||Bianca Allen|
|“||"There are rope marks on my body... just like Koji..."
—Tomoe realising that she is Kirie's next victim.
Tomoe Hirasaka (平坂 知恵 Hirasaka Tomoe) is a female character in Fatal Frame. She was an assistant of Junsei Takamine who went to explore into Himuro Mansion, along with Koji Ogata and Mr. Takamine, to search materials for Takamine's new book.
Background[edit | edit source]
Throughout the exploration of the mansion, Koji Ogata (Tomoe's colleague) was cursed and brutally executed by a malicous ghost named Kirie Himuro. Junsei Takamine and Tomoe found the remaining of Koji and realized that they have to prevent the curse before they would share the same fate with Koji. Tomoe's further investigations revealed the method, which with she and Takamine could have put an end to the curse, known as the Calamity; however, Kirie caught her twice already by the time Tomoe found out about the method.
Before she could have told Mr. Takamine the information, she began to suffer symptoms of the same as Koji, due to her "sixth sense". A cutscence appeared in the Abyss, where she was strangled by Kirie and becomes "torn apart" as Koji.
Battle[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
- The name Tomoe means "knowledge" (知) (tomo) and "favor, benefit" (恵) (e).
- Tomoe is a Japanese abstract shape, in other words a swirl that resembles a comma or the usual form of magatama.
- Tomoe are usually seen in a design of three known as mitsudomoe (三つ巴).
- Tomoe's surname Hirasaka means "flat" (平) (hira) and "slope" (坂) (saka).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During a cutscene in the backyard, Tomoe is saying to Miku Hinasaki "tell him... tell him", after her spirit was defeated, her last words were "the mirror... the mirror", she was referring to Mr. Takamine as she knew how to break the curse and she was going to tell him.